Phillip D. Azachi
Phil started his practice upon admission to the bar. With few positions available to recently admitted attorneys, Phil went door-to-door to every office building along Queens Blvd looking to develop relationships with other lawyers. He managed portfolios of cases for other attorneys, handling all aspects of litigation and contract negotiations before handling his own clients directly. He has appeared in courtrooms across New York City and Long Island, developing a deep knowledge of local practices.
Phil’s practice focuses on trust and estates and business representations. He advises clients on probate and administration, kinship proceedings, accountings, and will contests as well as estate planning. He also advises small businesses on topics ranging from commercial leases, vendor contracts, employment agreements to fundraising, asset purchases, and commercial litigation. He frequently conducts presentations about estate planning, wills, and trusts.
Area of Practice
- Investment and Corporate Transactions
- Commercial Litigation
- Estate Planning and Legacy Programs
- Estate Litigation
- Real Estate
- New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- Governor Cuomo’s Buyback Proposal Hinges on Reform to Federal Floor Insurance Policy, The New York County Law, Volume 7 No. 20, 2013